VanMar Constructors Inc. is a well-established and highly respected design-build General Contractor specializing in multi-residential, high rise, mid rise, institutional and mixed-use projects. As a growing company, we are expanding our pre-construction team and seek an ambitious and experienced Pre-Construction Coordinator to join our team in our Cambridge office.
As a Pre-Construction Coordinator, you will be diligent, resourceful, meticulous, and a team player with strong work ethic. You will be collaborating with a wide range of both internal and external teams.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Schedule, coordinate, and attend all design coordination and pre-construction meetings with relevant parties and subsequently follow up on all task-oriented items from same.
- Taking and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring design, permit, and approval schedules.
- Organize all project documentation (i.e. Drawings, specifications, reports, etc.).
- Maintain all project contact lists in Outlook and Procore.
- Assist in reviewing drawings at each design stage and on an ongoing basis as to provide direction to the design team regarding constructability, as well as, quality, economics, and coordination of design.
- Provide support to estimating in areas such as quantity takeoffs and various elements of the tendering process where required.
- Provide support to the Pre-Construction Manager in obtaining productivity data for the production of construction schedules, legal surveys, topographical surveys, soils reports, code reports, etc.
- Obtain traffic plans as required.
- Coordinate Notice of New Project prior to construction commencement.
- Analysis of updated or interim drawing sets.
- Plans in detail the nature and extent of all necessary construction facilities locations of tower crane and crane swing, location of man-hoist, etc.
- Coordination with the City for any lane closures, sidewalk rentals, hoarding permits, etc.
- Establish drawing and document review checklists for each stage of design.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- An industry recognized degree or equivalent to a 2-year diploma in Architect/Structural Engineering or Architectural Technologist.
- 5+ years experience in midrise and highrise construction.
- 7+ years of design experience in midrise and highrise construction.
- Solid experience in reviewing and coordinating design between various design disciplines.
- Highly level of design knowledge in architectural, structural design, building envelope, and other design disciplines.
- Good understanding of midrise and highrise residential design.
- Proficient in AutoCad and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What we're offering:
A competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a discretionary annual bonus, and Extended Health & Dental Benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- midrise/highrise residential design: 7 years (Preferred)
- midrise/highrise residential construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Procore: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)