About School District 69 (Qualicum)
School District 69 (Qualicum) is centrally situated on east Vancouver Island and covers the area of Nanoose Bay to Bowser and spans from Errington across the Strait of Georgia to Lasqueti Island. We serve a student population of approximately 4700 students. School District 69 (Qualicum) consists of eight elementary schools (Grades K-7), two secondary schools (Grade 8-12), an alternate school (PASS/Woodwinds) and a Distributed Learning program to support home-learning families called the Collaborative Education Alternative Program (CEAP). False Bay School on Lasqueti Island is entirely off-grid with an immense solar project recently completed. School District 69 (Qualicum) also embraces many community organizations through various school programs. The area’s natural beauty, never-ending beaches, mild climate and small-town charm make it a popular tourist destination and a great opportunity to have a career in paradise.
Establishes positive working relationships with school staff, community partners, families, and children. Plans, coordinates and leads a quality licensed school-age group child care program for early primary students.
School Principal or Designate
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of a recognized Responsible Adult 20-hour course, or a combination of courses equivalent, of at least 20 hours in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition.
3. Minimum of 6 months’ experience working with children or youth.
4. Proficiency with basic digital literacy, internet safety.
5. Understands and acts in accordance with relevant policies and procedures from the school, district, Ministry of Education, Child Care Licensing Regulation, and WorkSafeBC
6. Maintains familiarity with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) / Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
7. Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
8. Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
9. Basic First Aid Certificate.
10. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
PLEASE PROVIDE 3 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
Make a Future / School District 69 (Qualicum)
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
School District 69 (Qualicum)
Director of Human Resources - School District 69 (Qualicum)
Email: [email protected]
For further information please contact Amanda Kramer, Human Resources Administrative Assistant at 250-954-4677 or [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.