Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
As the District Manager, you will play a leadership role in the successful introduction and establishment of our business operations in the district. You will maintain and improve on our successful operations of the business in order to maximize sales and profitability by leading the General Managers in your district. Playing a pivotal role in our transformation, and sales and profitability growth, each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful and you will be inspired to bring your best, every day.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that corporate goals for sales and profit levels are achieved by directing and consulting in the management of assigned stores.
- Consult General Managers on general issues pertaining to store operations, merchandising presentation and execution, execution of marketing and advertising programs, and personnel development.
- Lead, challenge, motivate, develop, and coach General Managers, ensuring an ongoing focus on development.
- Be responsible for training, supporting, and consulting with General Store managers to ensure the company’s goals and standards for inventory, shrink, sales, profit, and general presentation are maintained at consistently exceptional levels.
- Monitor individual markets and competitive activity within those markets and provide feedback to the leadership team.
- Champion exceptional quality service, sales culture and promote other best practices to drive business.
- Identify and provide feedback on all factors impacting the business, including but not limited to, economic, cultural, and legal conditions.
- Be responsible for all aspects of new store openings through close liaison with all personnel involved.
- Plan, control and direct the Loss Prevention thrust at field level.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend strategies, and implement appropriate courses of action for enhancing operational efficiencies to improve overall profitability.
- Identify cultural differences and nuances and recommend adjustments regarding marketing, advertising, packaging, new product and presentation issues.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.