RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Clinical Research nurse assistant at the McGill Centre of Excellence in IBD at the MUHC (MGH campus) in support of the clinical and research care of patients.
- Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with clinic notes, bringing discrepancies to the attention of clinic personnel (nurse clinician or physician),
- Obtains informed consent for blood tests required for clinical research studies,
- Supports research staff by assessing patient eligibility in ongoing and new clinical research studies,
- Pre screens and reviews charts to determine eligibility for new and ongoing clinical research studies and assists in recruitment for new and ongoing research studies,
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures,
- Assists in research study visits,
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures, observing isolation procedures,
- Collects therapeutic drug-monitoring assays by collaborating with nursing personnel to ensure appropriate drug dose to collection time,
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection, maintaining daily tallies of collections performed,
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, nurse, or reference laboratory, referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification, notifying supervisor of unresolved orders,
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations,
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, provincial, and local requirements, meeting hospital’s confidentiality standards.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Diploma of vocational studies in health, assistance and nursing care,
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers auxiliaires du Québec (O.I.I.A.Q) with skill in drawing blood,
- Works well with public and in a team environment,
- Bilingual speaking (French/English).
Temporary Part Time
Tentative schedule :
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 3 days/week- M,W,T.
Pay Scale :
commiserate with experience
Work Site :
Montreal General Hospital
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.