The Opportunity: The Head Concierge will help the General Manger ensure that day to day operations run smoothly by assisting with a variety of key tasks that vary in their nature, scope and responsibility level. Sitting at the main desk means you know how to motivate and positively influence everyone that comes your way and you have strong leadership and organizational skills to be able to handle all the requests they bring. Acting as a liaison between employees, the General Manager and being a key source of information for head office, you have exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Provide administrative support for the General Manager and other supervisory staff;
- Be the first point of contact for residents, family members and visitors in person and via telephone;
- Assist with administrative process for new residents;
- Assist accounting team with various tasks including: managing petty cash, responding to inquiries from residents/families regarding invoices for resident stays;
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data;
- Order and maintain supplies;
- Maintain visitor log, resident log, contractor log circle of care log, ensure adequate supply and file daily;
- Coordinate guest meal: collect/process payment, communicate with dining room staff;
- Communication log – plan, organize, record day to day operations, keep track, communicate with weekend staff;
- Update census as needed (upon move in; hospital leave/return); ensure resident profile and photos are updated.
- Support the property sales process by responding to inquiries, providing information to prospects, booking tours;
- Conduct tours as needed;
- Ensure adequate supply of marketing packages are continuously in stock and up to date.
- Ensure you are aware of all community initiatives, events, projects and issues from General Manager on a continuous basis to sustain smooth operating of residence;
- Act as a leader; be exemplary in what you do; act as a Metta Ambassador;
- Welcome and orient new residents, family members and other visitors;
- Present a positive image of the residence to the public;
- Be knowledgeable of and practice residence’s fire and safety programs;
- Provide oversight of front door entrance;
- Point person for troubleshooting certain systems (SARA pendants, phones, door security);
- Provide administrative support for new employees including ORCA Learning Centre, name tag and time clock entry;
- Participate in all in-service training and education programs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the retirement living, healthcare, real estate, pharmaceutical, or hospitality related industries;
- Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration would be an asset;
- Empathetic and effective interpersonal customer service skills;
- Strong organizational and leadership
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to network, multi-task and promote services;
- Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs such as Microsoft Office, Yardi and Point Click Care;
- Flexible hours (evenings, weekends) may sometimes be required;
- Experience in Dementia Care is an asset;
- CPR and First Aid Certified is highly recommended;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data;
- Ability to be patience, tolerant and polite when responding to residents and visitors to the residence.
· We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to meet challenging deadlines when required; a willingness to work flexible hours and the occasional evening and weekend to cover events. We offer a competitive compensation package; benefits, and great work, life balance. Apply to join us now!
· All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a criminal record search which may include a vulnerable sector screening will be required.
Queens Estate is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- administrative: 1 year (Required)