Dynamics 365 QA Analyst
Information Technology Unit, Corporate and Council Services
Limited term contract – 1 year
Hourly Rate $55
As a QA Analyst, you will work collaboratively with architects, business analysts and developers to deliver high-quality, bug-free Dynamics 365 application in an Agile Scrum environment. You will define and execute activities to ensure that all project deliverables meet client expectations.
- Work closely with developers to identify bugs as early as possible
- Participate in artifact review and inspection meetings, identifying issues and providing feedback
- Interpret written business requirements and technical documents drafted by others in order to conduct appropriate QA test activities
- Analyze test coverage and results to ensure functionality, proper integration, data integrity, and accuracy
- Execute functional, application, performance, and regression tests
- Lead on creating and updating manual test scripts
- Support fellow QAs on creating and updating automation test script
You are patient and persistent in tracking down and resolving problems. Your basic understanding of business and end-user need helps you connect the dots between software bugs and business success, which motivates you to nothing less than total bug eradication. You work well independently but also understand the value of collaborating to get to the bottom of complex problems.
What you need for this position:
- College diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience as QA Analyst
- Strong testing skills and the desire and ability to find bugs before our customers and partners do
- Knowledge of all aspects of testing products: Functional, Performance, Scalability, Security, Usability, etc.
- A good understanding of Dynamics 365 architecture is a plus
- Proven experience driving quality for complex features with many dependencies
- Proficiency at manual and automated test execution tasks related to test scripts/cases and defects
- Understanding of QA responsibilities and accountabilities in an Agile environment
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a dynamic team environment
- Strong English-language oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical background on MS technologies/trends
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to learn and ability to learn independently
- Working knowledge of the principles of Agile development
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter by January 31, 2020.
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.