Cascadia Windows & Doors is an innovative, industry leader, creating beautifully designed architectural fiberglass windows, doors and cladding support systems. Included in some of the most exciting and award-winning construction projects across North America, Cascadia’s goal is to help revolutionize the energy-efficiency of modern buildings and drive the adoption of high-performance building products.
As a key member of the project team, this role will focus on executing accurate, high quality quotes, production documents and other supporting information in a timely and efficient fashion. Working closely with other members of the project team, this position plays a key role in ensuring that projects are completed successfully and keeping our clients satisfied. While this is a junior position there are multiple career advancement opportunities.
General List of Responsibilities:
- Perform thorough technical review of drawings and specifications prior to quotation.
- Quantity take-offs
- Utilize Windowmaker software to prepare costing
- Prepare bids and quotes
- Price and quote changes to the contract
- Identify the need to prepare spec clarification letters when required. Prepare letters as required.
- Review shop drawings when necessary
- Update product configurations and specifics based on most current SA and most recent correspondence (including approved shop drawings when applicable)
- Produce pull sheets and production sheets
- Produce/review glass order sheets prior to release
- Produce Supply Agreements for Sales Rep and Project Manager review
- Obtain necessary information and correspondence from sales reps
- Assist with change order pricing
- Continuously learn more about our industry and our products
- Education in building construction and/or building science is an asset
- Experience in reading and understanding architectural drawings and specifications
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Drive to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Passionate problem solver, inquirer, learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Technical, analytical, and thoughtful; a demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks and activities
- Effective time management and self motivation
- A strong team player, who is ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-established but growing company that is focused on helping the construction industry achieve higher performing buildings
- Competitive salary and benefits program
- Continuous training and opportunities to learn with a knowledge-based company that is at the forefront of the green building movement
The role is based in the head office in Langley, BC working Monday-Friday full-time and reporting to the Estimating Team Manager.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all team members feel supported and respected.
Job Type: Full-time