WELCOME TO GFL Vaughan!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with nearly 10,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Staff Accountant to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
·A healthy workplace culture
·Competitive wages with a RRSP matching programs (after 1 year of employment)
·Flexible working environment and hours
·Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
Providing direct support to the District Controllers and District General Managers, this person will work closely with the finance and operational personnel of GFL. An experienced Staff Accountant, you enjoy working in a fast paced, growth environment. Possessing strong analytics, you are comfortable working through various finance functions within an organization, and have a keen ability to spot and work through opportunities for improvement.
- Preparation of Journal Entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Reconciliation of operating to financial reporting systems
- Coordinate posting and reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- Ensure transactions are in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Work with cross functional teams on division specific billing and accounts payable requirements
- Work with General Managers to complete the capital request and financial budget for the Districts
- Support with preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Support preparation of budgets and forecasts of monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Finalize financial reporting deliverables for month and quarter end
- Monitor and maintain monthly accrual and adjustment requirements
- Provide variance analysis of results on a monthly basis in accordance with head office deadlines
- Report on KPl's in accordance with pre-set timelines.
- Lead and support delivery of assigned projects
Qualification & Requirements
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to flow through financial transactions
- Able to support closure on a tight schedule and provide timely analysis of results
- Must possess a desire to effect change and make a difference in the organization
- Able to generate superior financial information (including budgeting and forecasting)
- Handle ambiguity and excel in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Working towards accounting designation or having a recognized destination an asset and 3+ years of related experience
- Superior communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent computer skills covering ERP, operational and Microsoft office systems
- A background in waste would be an asset as would experience with Great Plains, separate operating and billing systems
- Primarily in an office environment at the Head office
- Some travel may be required from time to time at various company locations
·Excellent computer skills covering ERP, operational and Microsoft office system
- Periodic weekend or evening work is expected
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounts payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)