NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of the employee in this employment class consists in carrying out various clerical tasks, including the more complex ones, in collaboration with one or more persons.
Length of the contract :Requirements :
- Provide administrative and secretarial assistance to the Dean of Academic Development;
- Manage the agenda, correspondence and travel arrangements of the Dean of Academic Development;
- Assist the Dean with respect to processing documentation related to timesheets, budgets, inventory, and cheque requisitions;
- Provide general administrative support for the various operations carried out by the department and to the Communities of Practice, as appropriate;
- Organize, set-up and assist with meetings, workshops and events (organizing materials, reception, equipment, room bookings, etc.);
- Attend meetings, takes and transcribes minutes, and ensures the necessary follow-up as required;
- Keep track of budget, prepare purchasing requests and verify payment of invoices;
- Prepare department reports and documentation;
- Research and summarize information;
- Liaise and consult with college departments and external partners on behalf of the Dean;
- Update information on SharePoint and websites;
- Monitor the inventory of the office and of the active learning classrooms supplies and ensure that appropriate levels are maintained;
- Perform other related tasks.
To have a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) in an appropriate specialty or a secondary school diploma (DES) or have a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have four (4) years of pertinent experience.
Required Tests :Comments :
- Experience working in a CEGEP or post-secondary institution is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within team
- Ability to maintain department standards with respect to the confidentiality of information
- Advanced written and oral English communication skills (testing may be required)
- Basic written and oral French communication skills (testing may be required)
- Intermediate Outlook, Word and Excel skills (testing may be required)
- Basic Adobe Acrobat skills, an asset
- Knowledge of SharePoint, WordPress and Clara, an asset
- Willingness to learn new computer applications as appropriate, an asset
Please note that a cover letter addressed to Laura Smith is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category.