- Distribution Centre to Store Delivery.
- Could have physical work unloading at store.
- More hiway driving, and planned layovers (sleeper required)
- Varies, not static, estimated to be $403.98 miles/day
- Mileage rate 1.48 X 403.98 = $597.89
- Accessorial – estimated additional $50.00
Total per day $647.89
Day & Ross Inc is currently seeking a full-time Owner Operator for our Dedicated division in Coteau-du-Lac, QC.
The Owner Operator is responsible for ensuring proper, safe and timely handling of a tractor trailer between terminals locally, both loaded and unloaded.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005.
Day & Ross is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being: authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Retail store deliveries
- Handbombing required
- May require layovers
- Pre-trip inspection of tractor trailer prior to all trips.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of e-log
- Report any incidents of safety violation or security breaches.
- May be required to move freight from the back to the front of the trailer using a manual pallet jack.
- Maintain tractor in a respectable and clean condition.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
- Minimum of 12 months verified safe Tractor Trailer driving experience
- Possess heavy vehicle driver license (Class 1 license)
- Excellent driving skills with a focus on attentive and defensive driving
- Must have a safety first mind set and be self-motivated.
- Able to communication in English – written and verbal
- Customer service focused
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Satisfactory drivers abstract (no older than 30 days), including no DUI violations in past five (5) years; no over the road preventable accidents (yard accidents will be reviewed); no more than two (2) moving violations in past two (2) years; no “defensive driving infractions” as outlined in onboarding document
- Satisfactory criminal record check (no older than three (3) months)
- One season winter driving experience
- Successful completion of a DOT drug test
- Road test by Day & Ross approved third party driving school