Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a detail-oriented Intern, Office of the CEO (Summer Contract).
Work location of 50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario.
Possible opportunity for hybrid work arrangement.
About This Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Executive Suite and Board, in this role, you will be part of the Executive Office team. You will garner insight of the activities of the CEO’s Office within a non-profit, while receiving mentoring and coach for their own career planning.
The Intern, Office of the CEO will:
· Coordinating special projects and initiatives.
· Prepare research to support initiatives and projects.
· Complete Data entry, respond to inquiries and perform general coordination within the team.
· Produce and ship welcome and orientation packages for newly elected / appointed volunteer leaders.
· Write copy and create video content for social media posts, including conducting interviews, developing prize packs and writing member profiles and highlighting Guiding stories.
· Monitor social channels to engage with members and respond to inquiries to provide member support.
· Adhere to all relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
· Liaise with other departments as required.
· Apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
· Are working towards or have completed a degree or diploma in a related field or have equivalent work experience.
· Are exceptionally organized and have a good eye for details
· Can demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
· Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Have intermediate knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Familiar with Girl Guides of Canada and/or have experience in the voluntary sector with non-profit organizations.
· Fluency in French.
Eligibility Requirements: This position is funded through the 2022 Canada Summer Jobs Program.
· Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the program:
· You are between 15-30 years of age at the start of the employment.
· You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
· You have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 13th, 2022 to:
Kristel Pellow, Employee Experience Coordinator - HR @girlguides. ca (remove spaces).
Salary: minimum wage of $15.00 per hour, based on a 35-hour work week.
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR @girlguides. ca (remove spaces).
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 2 months
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-30
Expected start date: 2022-06-06