- Staff Recruitment: includes developing Job descriptions, preparing advertisements, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Performs Criminal Record Checks as well as schedules appointments for employee immunization as part of the Conditions of Employment
- Maintains current databases for HR functions that include files such as personnel records, occupational health & safety, criminal record checks, immunizations
- Assists in development of HR Policies and Procedures and updates as required
- Provides HR administrative support to General Service and Operation Managers in the form of employee and labour relations advice
- Attends and participates in Management / Union Committee Meetings Must be familiar with the Collective Agreement and able to provide guidance, advice and interpretation when negotiating and managing the Collective Agreement
- Participates as one of two management representatives on the Occupational Health & Safety Committee and records minutes of meeting, investigations and inspections.
- Assists with payroll entry, benefit processing and employee enquiries Must be willing to become familiar with payroll system and relieve primary payroll data entry administrative position for vacation, sickness etc.
- Creates HR re port s for Managers and supervisors such as data analysis, training, and employee turnover.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of common HR functions and administrative support to these functions
- Knowledge of labour legislation in British Columbia
- General knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Requirements including WorkSafe BC policies and regulations, preferably in a Health Care Environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to prepare documents using Microsoft Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook (email) and PowerPoint as well as data processing
- Knowledge of Payroll and benefits administration
- Effective writ ten communication skills, including the ability to prepare correspondence and write succinct reports
Experience and qualifications:
- Prefer completion of Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Prefer Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience as a Human Resources Administrator
- Experience in payroll and benefit administration
- Demonstrated Team Player with positive attitude and work ethic
- Preference may be given to applicants who have some experience working in a Health Care related field
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year (Preferred)