Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
So, join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
The Merchandising Service Manager (MSM) is primarily responsible for overseeing store execution of all merchandising, project, and merchandising servicing activities and to ensure a clean, safe, accessible, and appealing shopping experience for customers.
The Merchandising Service Manager works closely with deployment, field, and store leaders to confirm project priorities, scheduling, and needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time) while also providing ongoing project execution updates and feedback. This includes supervising the work of and assigning Merchandising Service team members to projects and project teams, monitoring resources, and reallocating work when needed. The MSM reviews and completes tasks assigned in Lowe’s systems, completes special projects, conducts surveys.
The Merchandising Service Manager ensures store merchandise is stocked, fronted, and priced according to planograms, reset instructions, and store-specific merchandising standards (e.g., stock, displays, promotion space). In addition, the MSM assesses performance of store Merchandising service, resets, merchandise service, and customer experience projects. The MSM will also be responsible for understanding the individual service needs for the stores in their assigned area and ensuring the execution of those identified needs, including deciding when to make exceptions to a project plan, based on individual store needs and layout.
The Merchandising Service Manager oversees the performance of Merchandising Service team members, including hiring and training new team members, monitoring individual and team performance, analyzing performance metrics, and providing corrective action and developmental feedback opportunities.
The Merchandising Service Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service by greeting customers, fulfilling customer requests, identifying customer needs, and handling customer concerns. The MSM is required to maintain a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping store areas clean and organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks.
Resets and merchandise servicing (Resets and bay servicing)
- Provides direction to Merchandising Service Associates (MSA) regarding project priorities, scheduling, expectations, and needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time)
- Confirms that all resets and bay integrity efforts are completed, in working order, and according to Lowe’s Canada specifications, planograms, and merchandising and safety standards
- Oversees that proof of reset completion is properly documented
- Leads associates in pre- and post-walks to confirm project details and expectations
- Confirms completion of all WIRE tasks
- Leads efforts of buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping
- Oversees that merchandise, including top stock, is stocked, fronted, fully packed down, and priced in assigned area according to planogram
- Oversees efforts to move beams and grids, rotate stock, build products, and display products and product support materials as appropriate per reset and/or project instructions and processes
- Oversees the proper processing of damaged products
- Confirms that both daily routine and department specific service tasks are completed
- Confirms that all signage, reorder stickers, pricing, and product information is accurate
- Works with Receiving departments to ensure each assigned store has a staging process for reset product and product support materials
- Summarizes and communicates project information, updates, and feedback on project execution with store team, field leaders, and corporate teams
- Communicates logistical issues to the Field Merchandising and Service Manager and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency across the district
- Identifies and solves merchandising and/or planogram issues in assigned stores, leveraging knowledge and understanding of the overall Merchandising service and servicing strategy; communicates opportunities for improvement to the Field Merchandising and Service Manager to be shared across the district, region, and enterprise, as appropriate
- Utilizes available tools and metrics to help ensure in-store service needs are met
- Coordinates with Field Merchandising and Service Manager to ensure all supporting materials are available to complete the project prior to project execution date
- Greets and acknowledges all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provides quick, responsive customer service
- Notifies Manager/Manager on Duty (MOD) of customer complaints, dissatisfaction, and policy violations
Store safety and cleanliness
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection
- Promotes adherence to good housekeeping standards and ensures programs, such as Zone Recovery, are executed daily to guarantee that the store (including work areas) is clean and organized at all times
- Confirms compliance with all safety procedures and takes ownership of any safety hazards
- Advocates Loss Prevention safety requirements including top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and use of safety devices
- Ensures execution accountability is aligned with corporate direction and store and district needs
- Ensures completion of all job aids and adherence to policies
- Administers the onboarding, training, and career development of Merchandise Service Associates, including Asset Protection training, ongoing positional training, and on-the-job coaching and mentoring during major resets to promote safety, accountability, and efficiency
- Responsible for evaluating MSA execution, and ensuring the productivity standards are respected
- Creates tailored developments plans for MSAs by analyzing metric and individual strengths, weaknesses, and needs
- Administers performance management for MSAs including handling disciplinary actions in coordination with Human Resources
- Conducts MSA candidate interviews with Field Merchandising and Service Manager
- Manages project and travel expenses
- Manages weekly payroll
- Ensures Merchandising Service Associates are kept on their assigned tasks within each store.
- Identifies and resolves project and/or store-level issues using available resources
### Job Requirements
The qualifications we are looking for
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of customer service or retail experience in a fast-paced retail environment OR one (1) year of experience in a store from the Lowe’s Canada network
- One (1) year of management experience as a team lead or leading others in a formal or informal capacity
- One (1) year of merchandising experience including reading planogram, setting up and tearing down displays
- Project management experience
- Ability to work overnight and weekends as required
- Three (3) months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment (preferred)
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job, such as hand tools, drills, and saws (preferred)