We are a dynamic non profit organization looking for a new team member! Do you love variety in your day, being physically active and playing an important role in delivering empowerment programs for women? Come and join us as part of our transportation team as a Transportation Assistant / Community Associate!
WIN (Victoria Women In Need Community Cooperative) is a non profit social enterprise that runs 5 thrift stores in Victoria and is self funded in providing programs for women in Victoria. Our programs support women along their journey between crisis, self sufficiency and wellness.
This is a part time position and you would be part of moving stock, picking up and delivering furniture, and taking an active role in our programs. Experience driving a 5 tonne truck would be an asset however we are willing to train you how to drive. We are looking for someone who is committed to what WIN is about, has a clean driving record and an ability to be really organized & detail oriented.
Duties will include:
· Working in the community and providing excellent customer service
· Loading, unloading and delivering a variety of stock between our locations
· Handling recycling, supplies and other pick up and deliveries
· Following health and safety procedures
· Supporting our Transportation Supervisor as needed when picking up and delivering furniture in a professional and courteous and respectful manner
· Working as part of a dynamic, hard working transportation team
· Learning how to drive our truck, and driving the truck when needed
Required Knowledge / Skills and Experience
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to lift up to 75lbs (helping to carry furniture up and down stairs)
· Ability to follow procedures and problem solve
· Valid Class 5 license
· Clean Drivers Abstract
· Excellent Driving Abilities
· Previous experience driving a truck would be an asset however we will train
· Clear Criminal Record Check
· Previous experience in warehouse / delivery would be an asset
· High school diploma
Compensation: competitive / based on experience.
We actively encourage applications from members of visible minority groups, Indigenous people, persons with visible or invisible disabilities, LGBQ+persons, Trans and gender variant persons and others with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities.
Please send your resume by email or drop off your resume at 785 Pandora Avenue, Victoria, BC. We thank you for your interest and only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent