PORTE GROUP OF COMPANIES
Job Description – Commercial Lease Coordinator
Job Title: Commercial Lease Coordinator
Department: Property Management (Porte Realty Ltd.)
Reports to: Senior Property Manager
Compensation: Salary + Commission + Benefits
There are countless reasons to consider a career with Porte. For starters, you’ll be part of an encouraging, supportive team with plenty of room for growth. You’ll enjoy perks like training and team building events throughout the year. Plus, there’s our roof top patio, Friday happy hour, a weekly fitness workout and more!
You’ll be an integral part of a family company, building on over 50 years of success, amazingly generous charitable work and progressive leadership in the real estate industry. At all times guided by the Porte Promises of: People-Focused, Committed to Excellence, Trustworthy and Community Builders.
The Commercial Lease Coordinator plays a crucial role in the day to day success of Porte. The Lease Coordinator works with outside brokers on new lease deals and works directly with existing tenants on lease renewals. The Lease Coordinator ensures all work is guided by the Porte Promises.
1) Works with 3rd party leasing agents to ensure tenants’ needs are met.
2) Participates in new tenant move in process to ensure tenant satisfaction.
3) Maintains and updates the database of commercial lease expirations.
4) Works with the Senior Property Manager to set commercial lease renewal rates and negotiate new leases, and lease renewals, with commercial tenants.
5) Prepares, reviews and edits lease agreements, lease extension agreements, amendments, renewal letters and related documents as required.
6) Summarizes relevant lease provisions and produce summary spreadsheets
7) Administers the renewal process for existing and new commercial tenants.
8) Develops relationships with, and keeps in regular contact with, all commercial tenants to keep updated with their space needs; conducts research in order to provide alternative commercial spaces for tenants who need to move from their current locations.
9) Prepares all monthly reporting to the building owners for the commercial portfolio.
10) Develops relationships and networks in the industry.
11) Assist with due diligence of new investment opportunities.
12) Attends staff meetings as required.
13) Acts as backup to the Receptionist when required.
14) Performs other duties, as required.
Required training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
1) Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by post-secondary education preferably in real estate or general business studies, or equivalent.
2) Two years’ experience in commercial real estate leasing and drafting lease agreements.
3) Experience using Yardi is preferred.
4) Strong customer service orientation.
5) Excellent organizational skills.
6) Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with owners, tenants, consultants, lawyers, industry players and community stakeholders.
7) Confident and articulate communication style.
8) Good negotiator.
9) Able to work independently and as part of a team.
10) A good working knowledge of the commercial real estate market in greater Vancouver and Victoria.
· Competitive Salary plus Commission
· Medical and Dental coverage
· Parking provided
If you are interested in joining the Porte team, please send a resume and cover letter to the email provided with ‘Commercial Lease Coordinator’ in the subject field. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to send your application in as soon as possible. We will only contact those people selected for an interview. Thank you for applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent