Legal Counsel - IT-MON17027
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Act as a reliable and knowledgeable partner of choice to help elaborate and develop commercial and contractual strategies, draft agreements and support your internal clients in negotiations with suppliers. This will primarily be focused on IT-related contracts such as software licenses, equipment purchases and lease agreements, cloud services agreements, outsourcing agreements, consulting agreements, data processing agreements, data privacy agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other similar documents, but may also extend to other Bombardier procurement areas based on internal stakeholders’ needs.
- Interface with various internal stakeholders, including the IT Procurement team, Business Information Services (BIS) personnel and external consultants to help refine and focus information technology and business requirements, statements of work and project descriptions, and to establish agreement and licensing frameworks to address clients’ needs.
- Manage supplier claims, including reviewing and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Create and maintain template agreements, as well as internal procedures and processes for the execution, administration and management of IT contractual documents.
- Participate in training of colleagues and client groups on the topics of information technology agreements and licensing.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are a practicing member of the Bar of at least one Canadian Province or one U.S. State, including preferably the Québec Bar.
- You have 3 to 7 years of experience involving IT, including software licensing and complex procurement transactions.
- You have previous academic or work experience related to, or a strong personal interest in, information technology.
- You are self-motivated and have good organizational skills, you are methodical and detail-oriented, you have a good knowledge of MS-Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), you are a team player, and your communication and interpersonal skills allow you to interact and influence all levels of management.
- You have sound judgment, coupled with good business sense, allowing you to provide efficient and value-added advice and innovative solutions.
- You have excellent drafting and communication skills, are able to work effectively in both French and English.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
29.01.2020, 6:18:09 PM