Pacific Atlantic Pipeline Construction Ltd. (PAPC), a member of the Bonatti Group, is currently looking for Experienced Large Diameter Side Boom / Pipelayer Operators for projects located near Burns Lake, British Columbia and Houston, British Columbia. Applicants must be able to work at both project sites in B.C.
POSITION DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
· Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from supervisors.
· Operates side booms / pipelayers supporting 48” pipe of varying thickness and weights on variable terrain, including steep slopes.
· Fills out the individual evaluation assessment form for operators as per “Slope Work Best Practices for Pipeline Construction.
· Operates pipelayers with live draw works; machine-specific controls such as finger-tip steering, steering clutches, differential steering and attachments such as winches.
· Recognizes existing and potential hazards and able to:
· Conduct a field level pre-job hazard analysis.
· Check the machine for hazards.
· Assess any tasks before start.
· Read, understand and implement equipment load charts
· Knowledgeable regarding inspections and servicing, including:
· Pipelayer controls and components.
· Applicable documentation.
· Preventive maintenance and adjustments.
· Machine lubrication.
· Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
· Performs daily maintenance checks on equipment operated.
· Requires a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in pipe layer operation in the large diameter ( >36”) pipeline industry.
· Requires a minimum 5 years’ experience in operation of pipe layers in steep slope conditions. Steep slopes are usually mountainous regions with steep inclines and high risk of slips, landslides, erosion and other environmental / physical hazards. The operator needs to have at least 5 years experience in operating pipe layer machinery in such extremely hazardous conditions.
· Requires a minimum of 5 years’experience in operating various brands/types of pipelayers, which may include CAT 594, Liebherr RL64, SCAIP SPX 960, EPE Superior, Komatsu D355, EPE PL95, or VOLVO 90 ton Pipelayers.
· Requires a minimum of 5 years’experience with tethered operation to mobile and/or static winch lines.
PROJECT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
· Candidates must complete COVID-19 Screening questionnaire
· Candidates must pass a pre-access drug and alcohol test
· Candidates must complete a PAPC online orientation program
Number of Positions: 40
Duration: Project based, limited duration for a set time period of two years.
Start Date: August 2020
Terms of Employment: This is a unionized position pursuant to the following agreements: Mainline Agreement between Pipeline Contractors Association of Canada and International Union of Operating Engineers; and Project Labour Agreement between TC Energy – Coastal Gas Link Project, Pipeline Contractors Association of Canada and International Union of Operating Engineers (the “Project and Union Agreements”). The following terms and conditions of employment including remuneration and benefits are pursuant to the Project and Union Agreements.
Hourly Wage: Range between $51 to $57 depending on the project and year as per the Project and Union Agreements.
Overtime: Overtime paid at 1.5 or 2.0 times hourly wage as per the Project and Union Agreements.
Benefits: Extended healthcare benefits, pension and ancillary benefits including health and welfare fund, training fund, tool replacement fund and OE advancement fund as per the Project and Union Agreements.
Working Hours: up to 12 hrs per day (will vary according to project requirements)
Project Work Days: Mon – Sat (6 days on, 1 day off)
Project Breaks & Vacation Pay: Approximately 2 weeks at Christmas time and 1 to 1-1/2 months approximately in March for spring breakup. Vacation pay of 10% of wages.
Language requirement: Must be able to understand and speak English to safely perform duties.
Accommodation and Allowances: Camp accommodation provided. Travel costs paid pursuant to the Project and Union Agreements.
Location of work: Project locations at sites in Burns Lake, B.C., and Houston, B.C. The addresses are listed as follows:
Burns Lake, B.C.
132 A/B Francois Lake Drive, Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0
3429 10 St, 2nd Floor 2F, Houston BC V0J 1Z2
To apply, contact and send your resume to Pacific Atlantic Pipeline Construction Ltd. through one of the following methods:
Click Link below to apply
Mailing address: Suite 250, 435 – 4th Avenue S.W, Calgary, AB T2P 3A8.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent