Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Plumber you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours of work:
Temporary full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered as a factor in selection.
What you'll be doing
Using approved methods, assigned work to support maintenance efforts across the entire complex may include, but not limited to:
- Maintain water distribution system including all related valves and insulation
- Install maintain, and repair pipe assemblies and plumbing fixtures (toilets, sinks, and taps)
- Maintain sewers (sanitary, storms, vents, roof drains, and stacks)
- Service, repair and perform preventive maintenance on designated equipment according to standard practice and department policy and procedure
- Plan installation needs in review of blueprints and work sketches
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and/or roofs or remote installations may be required
- Use a variety of equipment and tools such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power and hand tools
- Support annual inspections, service and installation of backflow devises. Complete required reports
- Act as a back up to HVAC technician
- Document work orders and generate necessary technical service reports
- Contact and liaise with external service providers and contractors to arrange and oversee new or repair work
- Ensure that all outside trades for which responsible abide by regulatory codes, Homewood and department policy; contractor and safety policies
- Liaise with City of Guelph plumbing inspector and other regulatory inspectors
- Exercise good judgement with regards to making decisions and recommendations that have an impact on operating and department costs
What we're looking for
- 3 years’ experience as a licensed plumber in the Province of Ontario, familiar with all aspects of operating and maintaining a water distribution system, plumbing fixtures and sewer systems
- Knowledge of Provincial plumbing codes and local ordinances
- Excellent numerical and spatial ability.
- Technical competence to work with Automated Building Control
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Evidence of good work and attendance record
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Core Competencies (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity)
- Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health & Safety Policy
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.