Position: Assistant Body Shop Manager | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway)
Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Body Shop Manager to join MTB’s management team, work along-side Managers and Supervisors in leading the shop employees and to report to Vice President, Operations.
Company: MTB Transit Solutions is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 100,000 sq. ft. of interior work space in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB Transit Solutions.
Compensation: MTB Transit Solutions offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time permanent employees.
- Develop a positive work environment, assigning and monitoring job tasks and providing overall support to technicians, welders, general labourers and other shop employees.
- Hire, train, motivate and counsel the shop employees.
- Inspect and quality control shop employees’ work.
- Manage and schedule employees for optimal efficiency and quality repairs done on time.
- Set goals and objectives. Manage the production activities work of the repair & refurbishment shop.
- Prioritize work to achieve best in class customer service.
- Maintain accurate repair order flow to satisfy shop and customer requirements.
- Manage and schedule current capacity of repair, maintenance and refurbishment bays, the associated service equipment and tools for optimal use.
- Manage, oversee and populate data into a computerized work flow tracking systems.
- Collaborate with other key business functions.
- Work with finance on customer invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Work with purchasing & materials department on vendor purchasing & payments.
- Work with the business development team on certain sales efforts.
- Minimum five (5) of experience supervising body repairs and/or assembly of heavy-duty vehicles. Ten (10) plus years of direct experience in an automotive/truck environment is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle/equipment preventative maintenance, refurbishment and repair practices and procedures.
- Sound business judgement, highly developed organizational, administrative, supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Sound management skills and the ability to effectively plan, direct and oversee employees. Demonstrated ability to design, manage and monitor processes and procedures.
- Canadian resident
- Safety oriented mind-set.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Accountable, professional and an adaptable team player.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn computer software related to the repair, inventory management and warehouse processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing and bending.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, if required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, if required.
Working at MTB:
- Our facility is located just off highway 401 in Milton - easy commuter access
- Shifts are Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm - no nights or weekends
- We have a great health benefit package, RRSP matching program and vacation
- We buy the latest and greatest tools
- A clean working environment compared to most shops
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)