Industrial Mechanical – Millwright Technician ****Night & Day Shift ***** (Mississauga)
Reporting to the Facilities Manager the Mechanical Technician will be responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations.
This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased up-time and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
***Training will be for approximately 4-8 weeks on Day shift.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include maintenance, troubleshooting of equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures. You will work as part of a team but will routinely perform work independently.
Skill-level requirements vary from basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance to component replacement.
· Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
· Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout
· Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
· Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts
· Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machineries.
· Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
· Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
· Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machine as per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner.
· Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries.
· Ensure mechanical operations, standards and controls are maintained at high quality.
· Resolve motor, pump, conveyor and hydraulic problems.
· Show expertise in working within a team and independently.
· Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
· Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
· Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
· Comply with company and customer regulations and policies.
· Performing other related duties as assigned
· Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting working skills.
· Mechanical Repair
· Pneumatic Systems
· Automation & Robotics
· Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair,
· Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
· Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal; includes building relationships with team lead and department Manager.
· Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem solving skills with focus on attention to detail.
· Be able to work both independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
· Be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions.
· Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: working at heights, dusty/dirty and in a fragrance environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$36.00 per hour