Rehab First is one of Ontario's largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
We are currently seeking an experienced hourly Speech Language Pathologist for the Markham and surrounding areas.
- Assessments e.g. cognitive communication, reading comprehension, speech and swallowing
- Development of treatment plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Community-based service delivery, often as one of several members of a multi-disciplinary team
- Return-to-work strategies and plans
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time-management and documentation skills
- Ideally 1-3 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as member of a multidisciplinary team
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury is an asset
- Self-motivated while managing a busy and varied caseload
- Clinical skills in evidence-based practice
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent