Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
Exciting career opportunity for an Internal Communications Coordinator to support the Internal Communications Manager with implementing our national internal communications strategy. In this role you will assist with developing and publishing content for our corporate intranet site and provide tactical communications support on internal events, projects and priorities to support employee engagement and our business objectives.
As our Internal Communications Coordinator, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
This is an entry level position and would be an excellent fit for someone who has graduated from a relevant program (see below) in the past two years. This is currently a 6 (six) month contract with possibility of extension.
What you'll be doing
- Support employee intranet projects and assist with ensuring the site is up-to-date and user friendly
- Support the development, writing and implementation of content on the intranet, focusing on aligning content with corporate priorities, engaging employees and ensuring the intranet is up-to-date and user friendly.
- Coordinate translation requests with external translator, setting priorities and ensuring deadlines are met
- Coordinate regular internal email newsletters, handling approvals and working with various stakeholders across the organization to gather content for each issue
- Participate in key national committees and initiatives, providing tactical communication support where required
- Work closely with the HR team to support key HR programs and initiatives
- Work with national marketing team members to ensure internal communication efforts are aligned with external communication plans
- Support the Internal Communications Manager with tactical communications work on various priority projects and initiatives
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business, Journalism, or related field is required
- Certificate in Corporate Communications or Public Relations is an asset
- Experience with communications in a corporate setting is an asset
- Strong desire to learn more about internal and corporate communications and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong writing skills in a variety of styles and voices with the ability to clearly and simply explain complex topics
- Creative, hardworking and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while handling many diverse priorities
- A high standard of professionalism, sound judgment, and experience handling confidential, sensitive information with discretion
- Strong ability to interact with and understand the needs of different stakeholders in a variety of locations and time zones
- Experience with employee intranets or other content management system, specifically administration of pages, workflows, permissions, content owners, etc.; experience with HTML a definite asset
- Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills; French language skills will be a strong asset
- Experience in health care, treatment centre or other medical/clinical environment would be an asset
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and graphic design experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop etc.) will be a key asset
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.