Annex Pro is planning for growth as the economy comes out of the current COVID challenges.
We are looking for a hard-working individual wanting to start or continue a sales career in the exciting Media and Entertainment industry. This full-time, permanent position offers a generous compensation plan (base plus commission) and is ideal for a recent B.COMM grad, wanting to make their mark in a specialized and fascinating field.
Founded and headquartered in Vancouver, Canada since 1983, our privately held company has grown, with offices in major entertainment production centres in Canada and the USA such as Toronto, Montreal and Los Angeles...and we’re just getting started!
Annex Pro is building the next-generation value-added reseller for media content creators , with the mission of becoming the most trusted supplier of technology and services to the creative industries in North America. A highly effective ISR team is required to help deliver the excellent customer service our company is known for. We set a very high bar, and there are definitely opportunities for advancement.
We work with an impressive variety of creative, technical and business people, with a common vision: Enabling them to share their dreams, stories and creations with anyone, everywhere, through awe-inspiring animation, visual effects, videogames, immersive experiences and digital media of all kinds on every platform. Our industry-leading partners include Autodesk, Avid, Wacom, Lenovo, Eizo, Teradici, NVIDIA, Adobe, Dolby and a host of others.
We operate in a casual industry, but take our jobs seriously: We're a crucial step in helping customers bring their dreams to life, which is important to them, and exciting for us! Plus, we've created a positive work environment where customers and staff are treated with respect. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA so we welcome feedback from the team.
Annex Pro headquarters is located in the Grandview-Woodland area of East Vancouver, on major transit routes, just a couple of blocks from "the Drive".
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements to expand size of the opportunity
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- CRM record keeping and lead management of all customer interactions
- Follow formal post-interaction process to follow up with every customer
- Processing a large number of transactions (creating quotes, sales orders, etc)
- 2+ years experience of proactive/inbound sales success selling to mid-size and large business and education customers
- A Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent undergraduate degree in commerce or business
- Ability to explain and demonstrate features and benefits of products and services.
- Stay informed about competing products and services
- Post-secondary diploma or degree required
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with an ERP solution
- Comfortable using web-based software and communication tools
- Experience with computer graphics, animation, visual effects, video editing, music recording, film making, or other creative pursuits, are a plus, but not a requirement
- Must be able to safely lift boxes that weigh 50lbs
- Enthusiasm for exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A confident and out-going attitude, comfortable meeting and helping people you'll meet for the first time
- Aspire to be involved in Enterprise sales as a career
- Must be fluent in English
- Intermediate or higher French would be an asset, but not required
- Good organizational skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passionate about the Media & Entertainment industry
- Willing and energized to learn
- Present yourself casually but professionally
- Full time, Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm (hours may vary), closed weekends
- Excellent, flexible health benefits
- 3 weeks vacation (1 week mandatory during office closure Xmas to New Years')
- Office kitchen stocked with complementary drinks/snacks
- Employee discounts on software and hardware
- Monthly "Free Lunch Friday"
- Regular professional development sessions
- We have office cats and dogs, so you must be free of pet allergies
- Start date: Immediate
- Note: You will be required to work from home until COVID restrictions are lifted in British Columbia. Laptop will be provided
Thanks in advance for your application. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Inside Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Media & Entertainment industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19