Promark Electronics specializes in the manufacturing of custom wire harnesses, cable assemblies, electromechanical assemblies, full box builds and control panels for OEM’s since 1987.Servicing customers in a wide variety of industries including Industrial equipment, medical technology, aerospace, defense and communications applications across North America.
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Director of Sales
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for prospecting new business opportunities in the Ontario Region by developing new targeted markets and specific accounts (OEM’s). To be successful in this role, the candidate should have previous experience with long sales cycles, in a manufacturing environment, developing leads and cultivating strong relationships with potential customers. We are looking for a candidate already living in the Greater Toronto region, able to commute to our Head Office one week per month.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and develop long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop appropriate strategies to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base
- Negotiate agreements and manage customer program development by collaborating with Sales, Engineering and Operations at Head Office to ensure growth attainment
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Analyze prospect challenges and current processes
- Field customer emails and inquiries
- Provide Senior Management with feedback and KPI’s
- Play a key and active role in external customer visits
- Develop and maintain CRM
- Perform other duties as required
- 5-10 years of proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role, meeting or exceeding targets, in a manufacturing business or business which is technical in nature.
- Project / Program Management an asset
- Mechanical or electrical engineering an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral)
- Ontario based, with the ability to travel to Montreal 1 week per month
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of CRM development, maintenance and reporting.
- Proven track record of results closing new business with OEM’s
- Experienced with a long sales cycle and complex products
- Possess a hunter mentality and a strong willingness to develop new accounts within the target segments
- Previous knowledge of some or all of the following market segments including OEMs located within the region: Defense, Medical, Aerospace, Transit & Rail, Industrial vehicles, Power & Energy
- Capable of understanding customer technical specifications and drawings
- Familiar with quality and manufacturing terminology such as engineering change request (ECN), non-conformance report (NCR), Corrective action report (CAR), source control drawings (SCD), production part approval process (PPAP), etc.
- Strong judgment and business sense
- Self-motivated, energetic and goal oriented
- Organized and resourceful
We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Understanding technical specifications and drawings: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project / Program Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing business or one which is technical in nature: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business Development / Sales Account Executive: 5 years (Preferred)
- Long sales cycles and complex products: 5 years (Preferred)
- Familiarity with ECN, NCR, CAR, SCD, PPAP, etc.: 5 years (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Required)