Summary of Position:
We are seeking a qualified Materials Manager to oversee our inventory and purchasing operations. If you are an experienced and competent individual with in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures, then we’re looking for you! In this role, your duties will include maintaining budgets, maintaining inventory accuracy, analyzing/maintaining inventory levels, and researching new vendors.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, material managers need in-depth knowledge of supply chain and budgeting processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring all our departments have adequate access to the materials they need.
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications Develop and execute inventory cycle count process to assure high inventory accuracies
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at multiple levels
- Prepare reports on inventory, material usage and efficiency
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
- Execution of physical inventory in multiple sites
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Traveling as needed to meet company goals
- Meets tkMNA Employee Attributes/Competencies and Act in Accordance with all Compliance and Business policies
- Other duties as assigned
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements
- Previous working experience as a Materials Manager for 2 years or Supply Chain Manager for 2 years
- BSc/BA in logistics or similar relevant field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- To be able to work as a member of a team
- Good time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and effective listening skills
- ERP experience (such as SAP or other CRM).
- Knowledge of raw materials
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing