Who We Are
Founded in 2005, Talize is a proudly Canadian owned and operated leading thrift retailer. We are a privately owned for profit national company that is rapidly expanding. At Talize we take pride in ensuring that our customers always have an excellent shopping experience and are able to find great items at a reasonable price. We are also a proud platinum sponsor of the Children's Wish Foundation. Talize is the ultimate Thrift Experience!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Merchandise Processing Manager by coordinating the efforts of the Merchandise Processing Team Members and Recyclers to ensure timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor- maintaining inventory levels.
· Assist the Merchandise Processing Manager with the selection, screening, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of Merchandise Processing Team Members and Recyclers.
· Lead in the training of Merchandise Processing Team Members and Recyclers in the sorting, inspecting, grading and rolling of all merchandise – among other tasks.
· Coach Team Members throughout the shift to ensure standards are achieved and maintained.
· Work as an integral part of the management team by providing support, attending meetings, and sharing information.
· Support the Merchandise Processing Manager with providing direction to Merchandise Processing Team Members and Recyclers regarding company policies and procedures.
· Recognize and report policy infractions to the Merchandise Processing Manager or General Manager.
· Assist in the implementation of employee recognition programs and events.
Health and Safety
· Monitor the merchandise processing and recycling area to ensure it is kept in an organized and clean manner in accordance to company housekeeping standards.
· Take precautionary measures and follow company guidelines against external and internal theft. Take appropriate action when external and internal theft occurs.
· Provide a safe workplace by identifying and properly removing any hazards and reporting hazards to the Merchandise Processing Manager, General Manager and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
· Immediately report and document employee or customer accidents to the Merchandise Processing Manager or General Manager.
· Coordinate and assist with the sorting, inspecting, grading, pricing, rolling and ragging of merchandise.
· Assist the Merchandise Processing Manager with the preparation and execution of sale days.
· Maintain professionalism while communicating with peers, managers and customers.
· Collaborate with store management to ensure operations and production work as a team toward the same goals - this may include sharing some responsibilities between the two departments.
· Perform additional job related duties as requested by the Merchandise Processing Manager or General Manager.
· 2+ years of experience working in a retail warehouse environment.
· 1+ years of supervisory experience in a high volume fast-paced environment.
· Previous work in a thrift retail environment is considered an asset.
· Attention to Detail- Carefully monitor the detail and quality of team’s work; provide suggestions and coaching for future development when necessary.
· Problem Solving- Make decisions and use independent judgment in various situations.
· Job Recognition- Recognize when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the Merchandise Processing Manager.
· Reliability- Shows commitment, dependability and accountability in one's work, and follows through on all designated tasks and projects regardless of interruption.
· Team Building- Work to develop, maintain, and promote positive working relationships within the Merchandise Processing department to promote inclusivity.
· Communication- Be clear and articulate when speaking to a group or an individual, assuring that the intended message is fully comprehended.
· Ability to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
· Constant bending, reaching, and using hands for repetitive actions.
· Lifting and carrying items up to 50lbs without assistance throughout shift.
· Pushing and pulling merchandise containers on wheels weighing up to 500lbs.
· Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
· Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations and noise levels.
· Work schedule hours will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Talize Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require any type of accommodation, please let the hiring manager know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent