Amada, a global leader in the machine tool business, is currently seeking a Technical Consultant and offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. Our ideal candidate has experience operating and programming laser and punch press machines.
The successful candidate will become an expert in software to machine applications supporting our customers as well as our sales department. The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours when necessary to keep customers machinery running and provide our customers with the high quality service that they expect and deserve. Must have a passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Apply basic applications and product knowledge of all Amada products.
· Demonstrate software and equipment as required.
· Design and program demonstration parts to show the relevant features of the equipment and software that would be attractive to current and potential customers.
· Conduct software and machine time-studies, feasibility studies and create related documents showing potential benefits of the entire proposed solution over the customer’s current environment.
· Participate in public show events including planning, preparation, presentations and demonstrations of equipment and/or software.
· Train customers and service technicians on Amada software and laser machines.
· Recommend appropriate solutions to the Sales department based on the application.
· Educate Sales department staff on the features and benefits of our products and solutions.
· Learn new machinery and technologies as needed.
· Manufacturing / Fabrication experience
· CAD/CAM training/programming experience
· Laser and punch press operation experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Team player
· Able to work with MS Office applications
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· Valid Canadian driver’s license (class G) and passport
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Amada Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any reasonable accommodation please contact us. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent