We are currently representing a government institution looking for a Senior Manager, Transportation for their Burnaby location. The new addition to the team will be responsible for directing the planning and cost-effective development of an efficient multi-modal transportation system that responds to urban development and recognizes the need to improve environmental quality within the municipality.
This individual will lead a group of professional and technical staff representing traffic safety, traffic management, transportation planning, parking management, traffic signal systems, street lighting, active transportation, transit supportive infrastructure, and street activities. The Senior Manager will also lead the development of citywide transportation policies, strategies, and programs while providing strategic planning, policy development, and oversight of capital projects. They will act as a subject matter expert on litigation and discovery procedures involving the City under the guidance of the City Counsel, and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
· Establishes and leads the engineering technical approach and implementation of traffic operations; transportation development; transportation planning; road safety and special events; emergency response routing; active transportation project planning and concepts.
· Leads long-term strategic planning initiatives by developing departmental policies and programs; leads transportation studies and plans; addresses gaps in department performance metrics.
· Manages and implements transportation planning and traffic initiatives for the City; leads and collaborates with working groups; directs external consultants; ensures strategic planning initiatives are met.
· Reviews and approves terms of reference related to development projects; prepares project recommendations; collaborates on negotiations.
· Provides leadership and guides staff on a wide variety of transportation projects; ensures prompt responses to Mayor, City Councillors, and Traffic and Public Safety Committees; provides guidance on concerns related to traffic operations, transportation reviews, and capital projects.
· Provides direction and guidance to staff members including recruitment, performance management, training, and coaching; conducts investigations and administers discipline; represents the department at grievance hearings, arbitrations, and labour management meetings, relating to assigned responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering supplemented with training and courses in transportation, traffic engineering, and/or transportation planning.
· Registered Professional Engineer in BC with EGBC (P.Eng)
· 10+ years of experience including 3+ years in a management capacity leading professional transportation teams, OR, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· This role requires thorough knowledge of transportation engineering and planning standards and guidelines, relevant technologies, and current transportation trends and practices.
· The role also requires the ability to:
- Assign, supervise, and review the work of technical and professional subordinates;
- Work independently and within a team environment;
- Communicate effectively and tactfully orally and in writing;
- Work on multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Solve complex technical problems, either directly or in consultation with other authorities;
- Represent the Division and/or City at meetings.
· Proficient in various software applications.
· Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $126,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- How many years of experience in public transportation/traffic management do you have?
- Are you a registered P. Eng?
- Do you have a Civil Engineering Degree?
- Please include your email address and cellphone number so that our recruiters can contact you should we like to proceed further with your application.
Work Location: In person