Job Requisition Id:
Corporate and Government Affairs
Bilingual Imperative (BBBB)
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy):
Responsible for developing information, strategies and programs to enable the Corporation to be a sustainability leader while enhancing its reputation as a responsible, community minded business in Canada. Identifies issues, and implements solutions for environmental programs and sustainability initiatives. Assists in the development and implementation of plans and strategies for operating groups to meet environmental objectives. Assists in the development of issue assessments for Corporate Committee consideration, and monitors regulatory and stakeholder attitudes related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. Acts as an ambassador and subject matter expert in the promotion of the Corporation’s environmental initiatives in communities across the country.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Officer, Corporate Responsibility & Environmental Policy.
1. Assists in the promotion and implementation of Canada Post’s mission statement, policies and procedures on environmental sustainability.
2. Assists in the conducting of an annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
3. Works with Manager and other operating groups to develop long term action plans within all groups across the Corporation. Assists with implementation of action plans within established time frames and priorities.
4. Develops communications plans and implements programs and activities communicating Canada Post programs and activities related to environmental sustainability.
5. Liaises with corporate management to communicate environmental considerations related to CPC products, programs and activities and promotes awareness both internally and externally.
6. Identifies and reports on potential environmental issues and sustainability trends that may affect CPC.
Job Responsibilities (continued)
7. Assists in the monitoring of correspondence on environmental issues to employees, elected officials, municipal governments and customers to ensure messaging consistency.
8. Assists in the development and implementation of training programs for employees, ensuring full comprehension and compliance with the programs in the workplace and encouragement for the application of its principles at home.
9. Works with the Manager and other groups within Communications to develop visual media and other communications and marketing tools required to develop environmental awareness among employees and encourage the implementation of sound practices at work and at home.
10. Assists in the development of reports on program activities for presentation to the Board of Directors and other corporate committees.
11. Assists in research to better enable Canada Post to be a sustainability leader.
12. Works with advisers and consultants engaged to assist the Corporation in dealing with environmental programs and issues.
13. Monitors federal government initiatives on environmental issues and to make representation on behalf of Canada Post when deemed appropriate.
14. Represents the Corporation on industry committees and boards as required.
- Completed university degree or post-secondary diploma in Sustainability, Environmental Management or in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training.
- 1-3 years of relevant functional experience.
- 1 or more years of experience in a large and complex organization an asset.
Other Candidate Requirements
- Proficient computer skills and highly competent with Microsoft Office programs in particular Excel.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and possess a high level of oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.