Grieg Seafood BC operates 22 farms and a hatchery in BC and employs 180 people in coastal communities. GSF BC is licensed to produce 23,400 tonnes of salmon annually to North American and Asian markets.
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd. – Gold River, BC
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a Broodstock Manager. Reporting to the Freshwater Production Director, the Broodstock Manager plays a key role in the Freshwater team and the wider Grieg BC team. The Manager is expected to achieve identified targets for the hatchery and, where necessary, other parts of the company. In collaboration with the Freshwater Production Manager, the incumbent is expected to co-operatively coordinate their teams and resources to meet the wider Grieg BC team objectives. They will be times when the Manager is responsible for supervising staff from other departments as needed for broodstock logistics.
- Manage day to day operational activities that support the breeding program;
- Meet egg production targets.
- Improve stock traits to meet production goals;
- Manage all data collection, input, analysis and reporting;
- Identify opportunities for improvement, investigate them in detail and present results in a form that allows the wider business value to be determined.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources, Fisheries Resources Management or similar;
- Minimum 3 years of aquaculture experience;
- Preference for training in genetics and RAS;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent Project Management Skills;
- Demonstrated competency in all software applications used by the company;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including experience in teambuilding and goal setting;
- Ability to problem solve;
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, a generous benefits package and relocation assistance. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of hire. Candidates who are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability) can request an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time