Pro Pacific DKI specializes in commercial and residential disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal. We are locally owned & operated, with our operations covering the entire south and central areas of Vancouver Island. Currently experiencing significant growth, we have an immediate opening for a Carpenter / Handyperson at our Nanaimo location.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits and opportunities for industry related education and training.
- Opportunities for growth. With a team of over 70 people, covering a territory from Victoria to Courtenay/Comox, we value our employees and look to provide a career, not just a job.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career. You will go to work every day knowing that you are helping someone.
- Great company culture & co-workers: Employees laugh together, work hard together and enjoy our social events.
What you will do:
- Ensure safety is first and foremost in all activities, at both a personal and a team/sub-trade level.
- Restore/repair property, providing quality work within a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- In addition to finishing carpentry, utilise other skills such as insulation, drywall installation and repair, painting, cabinetry, decks and fencing.
- Provide clear, concise communication to Project Managers and the Project Coordinators to establish progress, concerns and timelines.
- Operate shop tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Contribute to a team environment by participating in shop meetings and assisting team members as required.
- Deliver outstanding customer service experiences.
- Work with a "clean as you go" mentality.
- Assist other team members as required.
What you will bring:
- Evidence of extensive finishing carpentry experience. A journeyman certification would be considered an asset but not essential.
- Additional "handyperson" skills such as insulation, drywall installation and repair, painting, cabinetry, decks and fencing.
- The ability to follow construction drawings, scope of work, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction.
- The ability to use and maintain all relevant tools and equipment.
- Able to quickly and accurately identify and estimate the quantity of materials required.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with satisfactory abstract.
We thank everyone that applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent