Are you a driven individual who loves to problem-solve? Do you enjoy working outside and thrive in a fast-paced working environment?
Klimer Platforms Inc. is a leading provider in mast-climbing work platform technology providing safe and efficient access solutions for commercial, residential, industrial projects across North America and we are seeking our next Installation Technician for our Milton location.
Our team of Installation Technicians are responsible for; assembly, installation and start-up operation of Klimer’s mast climbing work platforms (MCWP’s) and transport platforms.
Klimer’s Installations Technicians typically work in teams, servicing our clients on a wide range of construction sites. While on job sites, you will be working with all levels of customer and sub-contractor personnel. Professionalism, safety and customer service are key components to being successful in this role.
· High school diploma or GED
· Minimum of 1 year experience in professional working environment; preferably with an aspect of customer service
· Basic mechanical skills are essential; small engine, hydraulic or electrical skills are definite assets
· Previous experience in construction, landscaping or similar labour intensive work is an asset
· Valid Drivers License as travel throughout the GTA and southern Ontario is required
· Being comfortable with heights is essential
· Previous experience operating a forklift or zoom boom is an asset
· Physically fit
What We Can Expect from You
· The ability to work in a fast-paced, physically-demanding environment
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills
· Willing to travel regularly, including periodic overnight travel
· The ability to display your take charge attitude and show ownership of your position
· Comfortable with the use of power tools and the movement of large parts and equipment
· Ability to read schematic engineering drawings is an asset, training is provided
o Specific MCWP site specific configurations, training provided
o Anchoring/base out/installation, training provided
· Strong safety awareness and adherence to the company’s safety procedures is critical
What You Can Expect from Us
· Your career as an Installations Technician starts as a 1st Term Apprentice and grows as you grow through 3rd term Apprentice to Journeyman/Foreman and Project Lead-Hand
· The opportunity to develop your skills and endless learning opportunities
· Career growth opportunities
· Supportive work environment
· Be part of a collaborative family-like team
· No day is ever the same!
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.75 /hour