Tire Discounter Group is a leading Canadian distributor of branded tires. TDG was founded in 1966, and since 1990 has expanded to distribution centers in Orangeville ON, Barrie ON, Ottawa ON, London, ON and the GTA. We also have 80 partner, associate and affiliate tire discounter retail stores throughout Ontario. From humble beginnings, Tire Discounter Group has never wavered from the core values of providing quality products, great value, and exceptional service. TDG strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members.
TDG is currently seeking 2 Night Shift Material Handlers for our East Garafraxa Distribution Center. If you are a team player and have a positive attitude then consider an opportunity with Tire Discounter Group.
· Self-starter, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Must be able to multi-task and be detail oriented.
· Ability to perform duties accurately and efficiently
· Positive attitude
· Team player
· Is flexible and shows initiative
· Customer Service driven
· Knowledge of RF (radio frequency) warehouse system
· Knowledge of the Tire industry would be an asset
· Ability to lift over 50 lbs repeatedly
· Pulling product for orders – products are pulled accurately, orderly and in a timely manner
· Locating product in the warehouse – products are put away and consolidation of locations is done accurately, orderly and in a timely manner
· Loading product – product is loaded in a manner that is safe and secure for transportation and done in a timely manner
· Unloading product – product is unloaded and stacked correctly, all product is accounted for and ready to be put away in a timely manner
· Checking for accuracy of product pulled for load and paperwork – product is checked for errors; discrepancies are corrected; paperwork is done; product is marked for loading; all procedures are completed accurately and in a timely manner
· Maintains a safe working environment – follow company safety policies and procedures; advises management of safety hazards; demonstrates necessary safety and skill to operate equipment
· Maintains good attendance – consistently punctual for shift, breaks, lunch, etc. ; available for overtime when required; remains at assigned work station
· Maintains a good attitude – project a positive attitude toward the job assignments, customers, supervisors and fellow team members.
· Maintains a good image for the company – report to work in the proper and clean uniform and practices proper hygiene.
· Assist in maintaining warehouse/equipment cleanliness – ensure warehouse and equipment is cleaned daily by picking up trash and debris during assigned shift.
Job Type: Full-time