Established paving company actively searching for a foreman. Applicant must be reliable and punctual. Competitive wage based on experience, with room for advancement and lucrative bonus system. All equipment foreman and operators employed by Five Star Paving shall be responsible for the safe and professional daily operation of the equipment and sites.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Pre-Operation inspection (including attachments, buckets, brush-rake or breaker)
- Fuelling, greasing and cleaning the machine at end of shift
- Knowledge of operating heavy equipment (skid steers, excavators, graders, rollers, pavers)
- Competent at grading road base gravel with skid steers to desired grades
- Ability to read and comprehend site plans, including plan scaling
- Ability to problem solve and make appropriate decisions
- Direct and instruct all facets of construction including excavation, trucking, pipe laying, curb and sidewalk preparation and paving preparation
- Communicate with engineers, owners and inspectors
- Understand contract requirements versus extra work
- Attend pre-construction meetings as well as any onsite meetings during the project
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, extra work orders
- Must work safe, and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working independently while maintaining a good working relationship with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Create level surfaces, grade slopes to specifications, remove material and thoroughly fill voids using plans and/or a surveyor as guidance
- Experience in commercial, industrial and residential construction
- Minimum Valid class 3 driver's license, class 1 preferred.
Job Type: Full-time