RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
An epidemiologist is sought to work under the supervision of the Director of the health Technology Assessment Unit (TAU) as part of a dynamic inter-disciplinary research team in a university-hospital setting.
TAU is a hospital-based health technology assessment (HTA) unit whose role is to advise the hospital administration on the integration of novel medical therapies and clinically pertinent interventions. Using the best available scientific evidence, TAU provides clinical teams with an objective and transparent decision-making process to evaluate the value of these interventions with the goal of improving the quality of health care services and delivery at the MUHC.
- Participate, together with other TAU members, in the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and presentation of health technology assessment reports,
- Engage actively and consult with clinical teams in the design, methodology, feasibility, and data analysis of clinical pertinence projects,
- Prepare material from TAU reports for publication in peer- reviewed health care journals and for oral presentations at seminars,
- Participate in HTA teaching activities and meetings with other researchers in HTA,
- Maintain, update, manage and assure the integrity of TAU resources.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Strong epidemiologic research skills, including knowledge of study design, interpretation and analysis of systematic reviews, randomized controlled trials and observational studies,
- Excellent knowledge of epidemiology concepts to critically appraise published research studies,
- Experience with biostatistical analyses required for systematic reviews,
- Practical experience with statistics software (R/SAS/STATA) for data analysis,
- Experience with conducting quantitative research and writing scientific articles,
- Excellent inter personal skills required to function in a multi-disciplinary team and interact with MUHC clinical staff.
Education and knowledge requirements
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, with exposure to Biostatistics and Health Economics,
- Experience or training in health technology assessment would be an asset,
- Training as a health professional is not necessary but would be an asset.
- Excellent English language skills essential (written, comprehension and spoken),
- Good knowledge of French (comprehension and spoken at Intermediate Level) would be an asset.
Temporary full-time, 1 year contract (renewal possibility)
Pay Scale :
Commensurate with experience
Work Shift :
8:30-4:30pm , Monday-Friday
Work Site :
Centre for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE)
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.