See Yourself in Our Story
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity and aging in community? Do you want to be part of a best-in-class results-based organization?
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
See yourself in our story as Leadership Assistant
We currently have a Full Time opportunity in our Administrative office in Calgary. The Leadership Assistant is primarily responsible to assist the Leadership and Board committees with administrative and organizational activities needed to support the smooth operation of the organization. To this end, the focus of this role is administration duties, coordination of documents from the Board committees, coordination of contract renewal documents, coordination of meeting rooms and equipment, and reception relief. This combination of tasks and activities requires that the Leadership Assistant is able to manage multiple tasks in a busy environment, and to respond to a wide range of requests in a timely and confidential manner
Key responsibilities include:
- Completes Board Committee information, including meeting agenda(s) with CEO and Leadership, setting meetings to ensure quorum will be met, assembling meeting packages, uses templates, attends meetings to take minutes, documents the meeting minute discussions in an accurate and concise manner, capturing the key discussion points, decisions made, action items and timelines, and posts them to Board Effects web portal, and archives documents. Works with the Executive Assistant to the CEO to support Board other Board and Board committees’ meetings.
- Organizes ad hoc Silvera committees (e.g. Policy Committee) meetings with Leadership representatives, and ensures meetings and actions from meetings are properly recorded.
- Working with IT, develops and maintains an electronic file structure.
- Act as a lead on all office equipment in collaboration with IT department to maximize effective use.
- Pro-actively manage calendars, scheduling of appointments for leadership team members, room bookings, and completion of multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and documents.
- Sets up training and workshops for Leadership and Senior Management as required.
- Makes travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff and Board Committee members as required.
- Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail, courier parcels.
- Organizes email system to ensure incoming emails are sent to the appropriate staff person.
- Prioritizes tasks, tracking and ensures timely task completion.
- Creates and maintains a central filing record management system for both electronic and hardcopy records and Assists with ongoing record management tasks and documentation of contract renewals.
- Documents the meeting minute discussions in an accurate and concise manner.
- Complies and submits confidential reports and records
- Greets visitors seeking information or assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides support, relief and leadership to the Receptionist-Administrative Assistant to ensure that the Administrative Office is open to visitors during all core business hours.
- Provides support to other senior management team members as required
Minimum of 5 years administrative/executive assistant experience
Diploma or certificate in administration or a combination of experience and education may be considered
Prior experience dealing with Boards, Board Committees, and executive managers.
Exemplary Customer Service Skills including effectively dealing with the public is essential
Advanced skills proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Outlook, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Excellent writing and verbal skills.
Experience in the housing or property management an asset or prior experience working in any financial institution.
For further information about Silvera for Seniors, we encourage you to visit our website at www.silvera.ca
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications we will not be accepting Phone calls about individual applications. No Phone Calls Please
- All pre-screen questions must be answered completed for an application to be processed, incomplete applications may not be considered. Review of applications will begin on February 17, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.