The Catering Administrative Assistant assists the Program Manager - with the overall development, marketing and day to day administration of the small business and skills training initiative, Catering PLUS (People Learning Useful Skills). Catering PLUS is an integral part of C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R.’s consumer initiative, and strives to be the catering service of choice in Peterborough and the surrounding area.
1) Operations of Catering Services
- Receive orders or inquiries for catering, make changes based on interactions with customers and their needs and promptly respond (usually within 24 hours)
- Have an in depth knowledge of the catering menu and venues, with the ability to assist the customer with menu choices.
- Include the use of technology where possible to maximize efficiency in catering processes including quoting, kitchen orders, invoicing etc.
- Follow up with customer to confirm order, delivery time and location
- Address immediate customer concerns, questions and needs in order to provide an optimal experience
- Collect daily sales and expense data in order to compile weekly and monthly sales data reports
- Schedule staff as required
- Follow up on outstanding arrears payments and unpaid invoices
- Prepare monthly sales reports
- Quote and invoice clients
- Preparing Kitchen orders and shopping lists
- Tracking and reporting arrears
- Track order forms including advertising event planning documentation
- Quality Improvement reporting
- Works in a catering/kitchen settings and in the community
- Works primarily in the community (4 counties) in various types of settings and regularly in an office setting (C.M.H.A. administrative offices)
- Some conflict resolution with customers
Requirements of the Position:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education (diploma or degree) in a relevant discipline e.g. Business Administration, Culinary management, catering or hospitality
- Minimum experience: two (2) years in finance or business administration
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for working with the general public
Assets with regard to this position:
- Education, training or experience in Social Work or Employment, working with people experiencing symptoms of mental illness or overcoming barriers to re- entering the workforce
- Valid driver’s license is considered an asset
- Automobile in good repair and insurance coverage as required by agency policy is considered an asset
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
For full details on this and other opportunities, visit: www.cmhahkpr.ca careers
Submit your cover and resume by March 10, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R. Branch endorses the principles of workplace equity and workforce diversity. Qualified designated members are encouraged to apply.
C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Reference ID: CAA-CP-PT-02-20
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.15 to $22.87 /hour
- Small Business Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- finance or business administration: 2 years (Required)