Functional Analyst, IT
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering the highest level of quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and, hopefully, a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, explore new directions and always have a lot of fun. Most of all, though, we are not afraid to reinvent ourselves and take on new challenges.
We are looking for two Functional Analyst one of whom will report to the Corporate Business Solutions Delivery Director and the other will be under the Entertainment Business Solutions Delivery Director. The candidates will work within a team focused on delivering IT business solutions. , you are responsible for providing technological solutions to meet high-level business needs, as well as communicating with business partners throughout the development process. You are also responsible for producing functional documents, ensuring the solution delivered is appropriately certified and helping clients adopt said solution.
You will be known for:
We want to meet you if you have:
- Understanding your clients’ business and organizational needs to provide them with proactive, value-added support;
- Producing functional analyses based on documents prepared by the Business Analyst;
- Developing trial strategies, designing trial cases and determining expected results;
- Ensuring that all solutions delivered are of the highest quality;
- Working closely with the delivery team (Business Analyst, developers, project manager, Architect);
- Helping plan the solutions’ deployment in conjunction with stakeholders;
- Supporting users during the implementation and post-implementation processes;
- Helping draft procedures;
- Ensuring that system maintenance is performed;
- Ensuring that users are satisfied with the IT services offered.
- A university or college degree in management systems, computer science or any other related field;
- At least five years’ experience as a functional analyst or in a similar position;
- Fluency in both English and French;
- Proven knowledge of agile approaches and kanban, including sprint application and development backlog management;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of wireframing tools, such as Balsamiq (an asset);
- Knowledge of development tools, such as Jira and DevOps Services (an asset);
- Basic knowledge of technologies, systems and infrastructures, including their limits and potential;
- Knowledge of one of several of the following fields: finance, payroll, legal, talent (HR), procurement or immigration (an asset); or either the Knowledge of the following fields: event production, show production, ticketing (an asset);
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Effective communication skills Considerable listening skills and a knack for communicating your ideas;
- A strong aptitude for teamwork and excellent interpersonal skills;
- An analytical and curious mind;
- Agent of change: Accepts and fosters change.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque’s creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real, visible difference in what you do;
- Host meetings with a bird’s eye view of artists in training;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment;
- Work within our business casual environment.