LUMBER AND BUILDING MATERIALS ASSOCIATE
Kent Building Supplies is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values. Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
We are currently hiring a full-time LBM Associate for our Kent store.
If you ask our LBM Associates what they like best about working at Kent, they say they like working with people, learning about lumber and building products and being part of a great team. They also like flexible schedules and opportunities to advance.
- Ensure products are stocked for the customer
- Retrieve product for customers
- Maintain cleanliness in the department
- Creating labels and signs for the department
- Work closely with Yard Associates and Project Desk Associates
- Providing superior customer service – this includes greeting customers, providing information, completing sales and arranging deliveries
- Stocking products and creating displays
- Learning about new products and attending training
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Retail sales experience is considered an asset
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Possess a high level of attention to details
- Able to learn and operate the applicable computer system (D635) used to process orders
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Interested in a career with Kent? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply Online!
Job Type: Full-time