Pennine Security Solutions is looking for a seasoned Emergency Operations manager to join our growing team. The Emergency Operations role is separated into three main job duty sections: Scheduling, Dispatch and Operations monitoring.
· Manage all site schedules and ensure all staff are properly signed in for their shift via our Attendance software. Monitor and document all staff that fail to clock in and out on a daily basis.
· Receive and process Personal Emergency Leave requests via phone and electronic communication. Approve and deny requests based on scheduling procedures and Human Resources / company polices.
· Ensure all lateness and absences are accurately documented, tracked and communicated to the appropriate person.
· Ensure that all immediate scheduling requirements are filled with appropriately trained staff.
· All posts must be covered.
· Ensure that all security guards are sufficiently qualified and have met all requirements prior to assigning them to post
· After-hours contact for Mobile Supervisor team to advise and assist with scheduling or contracted site issues on an as needed basis.
· Ensure emergencies are recorded and communicated accurately.
· Ensure the scheduling system up to date at all times. This must be completed before the end of each working day
· Compile and print reports from scheduling system as necessary for payroll or other administrative needs.
· Reconcile hours worked on all sites and prepare them for Payroll/Billing to ensure all hours are correctly paid/ billed for.
· Track and document the working hours of all staff that may be on a casual/flexible contract. Report to Human Resources all staff that fail to work their required number of shifts.
· Ensure overtime is kept to a minimum (Under 0.5%)
· Forecast scheduling vacancies and high overtime issues to optimize employee deployment
· Coordinate with recruitment, human resources and management to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained and staffing issues are properly addressed
· Assist Human Resources with deployment of new applicants and make recommendations for which assignment they would take. Update HR on any sites/shifts that require additional or new staff.
· Generate reports regarding upcoming site requirements; current displaced staff; and approved vacation times
· Help investigate all payroll discrepancies alongside the bookkeeper.
Dispatch and Ongoing Monitoring:
· Dispatch the Mobile Supervisor to all emergencies that have confirmed the need for support. The Authorizing party must have provided written confirmation and a work order must be created.
· Track all time Mobile has spent at each emergency for billing purposes.
· Cameras (Off-site monitoring) must be monitored in accordance with the client’s requirements.
· Respond to all employee questions or queries in a timely manner either by phone, email or in person. This will require you to be accessible 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
· Maintain a good rapport with staff.
· Assist with office duties from time to time and adjust to new duties and responsibilities as required
· Attend Pennine Managers Meetings as and when required
· Recommends scheduling solutions and implements appropriate actions
· Adhere to and uphold the Pennine Employee Policy and Procedures manual.
Desired Attributes for the successful candidate:
· Valid security license is preferred but not essential
· Previous experience within a scheduling/ emergency response capacity – logistics company, security, taxi firm etc.
· Very detailed orientated
· Exceptional observation skills
· Can work extremely well under pressure and is an effective multitasker.
· Practical thinker who is able to independently solve issues
· Exceptional administration skills
· A people person with good social skills both verbally and written
· Has a basic grasp of labour laws and HR issues
· Has a good understanding of financials and billable hours.
· Is supportive in nature and is approachable for staff who require assistance.
· Computer literate for digitized tasks
Successful Candidate must be willing to complete the Ontario Security Licensing Course and obtain their license.
Application deadline: 2020-07-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
Anyone entering the office are supplied with PPE equipment. Anyone entering the office is wellness screened.