POSITION TITLE: Shop Foreman- Mechanical
LOCATION: Prince George
DEPARTMENT: Service Wage: 51.31/hr.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Branch Manager, Prince George
Shop Foreman is be a key leadership position in the Service Department responsible for:
- Responsible for profitable and effective management assigned shop segments.
- Manage a team of technicians, apprentices in all aspects of productivity including quoting, diagnostics and invoicing
- Liaise with Customer, Sales and internal teams as required on service issues and opportunities
- Assist in all technical aspects including diagnostics and parts support where required
- Manage warranty and rework to assigned targets
- Manage technicians to a timely and productive service schedule (Labour Utilization)
- Act as an ambassador for Health and Safety including corporate initiative such as CORE
- Comply with all safety requirements such as tool box meetings, safety meetings and hazard analyses
- Manage administrative requirements such as cost coding and time and materials allocations, job stories etc.
- Perform required HR responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring disciplining and terminations.
- Mentor and train mechanics and apprentices.
- Ensure Job Stories are complete for every work order
- Some hands on mechanical work may be required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Journeyman Mechanic
- Strong Computer skills- Excel, Outlook
- Proficient with SIS, Prosis and other OEM software packages
- Minimum 5 years Caterpillar experience
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience with Volvo, Komatsu and Deere an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51.31 /hour
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Journeyman Mechanic (Required)