Job Number: 90982
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre, St. Peter's Hospital, Offsite Location, West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Organization: Quality & Value Improvement
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 18.75
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 30.5512 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 31.1747
Post Date: Sep 22, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Sep 29, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
The Nursing Resource Team (NRT) and Clinical Resource Team (CRT) operate within the Quality & Performance (Q&P) Portfolio, under the strategic leadership of the Director of the Clinical Resource Program. Clinical Managers support staff by providing day-to-day leadership and direction for the team. Clinical Education and Development Clinicians support the educational and developmental needs of the team. The NRT/CRT is an interdisciplinary team that play a vital role in the provision of staffing services across all Sites/Clinical Units at Hamilton Health Sciences. It is comprised of full-time, part-time and casual staff whose shifts are assigned to various clinical areas to meet appropriate staffing requirements. Resource team staff are deployed to needs based on patient acuity/census, replacement for sick time/vacation, and volume surges. Staff in the NRT/CRT are aligned to a cluster or multiple clusters (medical/surgical, pediatrics, women's health, and critical care) to support staffing needs throughout all HHS sites and alternative health facilities.
As a member of the NRT, the Registered Practical Nurse will provide high quality nursing care to patients and will participate in continued education and completion and maintenance of certifications associated with the identified cluster(s), identify future clinical and career goals and complete learning plans to achieve those goals. Nurses are aligned to a cluster or multiple clusters to support staffing needs throughout all HHS sites and Alternative Health Facilities (AHF).
Schedule Work Hours
days, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
2. Current certificates or current community college studies in asepsis, wound care, airway management, complex wound care, physical assessment, urinary catheterization, administering enteral feeds, medication administration, and transcribing physician orders
3. Documented completion of a recognized IV administration and IV Management, Venipuncture and Blood and Blood Products Administration course
4. Current CPR Certificate
5. Recent, relevant nursing experience (within the last 2 years) in acute medical/surgical
6. Demonstrated ability to function within an interdisciplinary team including nursing collaboration with RN and other members of the health care team
7. Demonstrated ability to function in environments that are fast-paced and that have moderately complex care requirements
8. Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with patients, families, and other members of the health care team
9. Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs
10. Demonstrated knowledge of transfers and lifts protocols/practices
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement