ABLE Engineering Services is a versatile, experienced, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that works on a wide range of projects. We excel in civil and structural engineering, surveying and the design of infrastructure systems for commercial, residential, governmental and industrial projects. We are seeking a CAD Draftsman to join the team in our Kentville office.
- Create detailed design drawings using computer-aided design software
- Ability to handle complex designing and drafting assignments under minimal supervision
- Ability to create drawings from written and verbal specifications obtained from the engineer
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign systems to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings on our server; keeping the server organized; updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made
- Any and all responsibilities assigned by the department head.
- Technical diploma from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution in the field of engineering technologies
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD is a requirement
- Proficient knowledge of Civil 3D considered an asset
- Proven work experience (minimum of 2 years) as a draftsman (or a similar role)
- Excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Required)