How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team designing, creating and improving a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, solving complex problems and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
What Problems Will You Be Solving?
One of the benefits of our company is that you won’t be working on one particular project for a long period of time - you’ll be working with different clients on different problems with a variety of teams - so flexibility and a willingness to learn new things are necessary to succeed! Think of it as having the fun and variety of a consulting gig but having a solid team supporting you as well as all the benefits and security of full-time employment! Some examples of projects that our team is currently working on are:
- Assisting with our client’s Agile transformation;
- Assessing the current technology landscape and recommending future technology to meet our client's strategic goals;
- Selecting technologies best fit for purpose in order to solve complex business and technical problems across a variety of domains including data, networking and applications;
- Migrating from monolithic to microservices architecture;
- Helping our clients in developing their DevOps practices using principles such as automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery and proactive monitoring.
What You’ll Do
You will be designing and developing various solutions for our customers (who are generally mobile operators and vendors) and your average day will vary but will likely include:
- Working on-site with our team and customers (including traveling to client premises as required within the GTA);
- Application, network and infrastructure design from concept through development and implementation;
- Interfacing with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner & other developers on the team;
- Ensuring that the code you’ve written functions as designed by creating automated unit and integration tests, which execute in a continuous delivery pipeline;
- Research different technologies and provide recommendations for how best to apply to solve different problems or achieve specific outcomes.
Must Have Skills/Experience
- Python (minimum 3 years of experience)
- Very efficient in OO programming with Python
- Working experience using Web Application frameworks (Flask/Dash)
- Knowledgeable in building and consuming WebServices (Rest and SOAP)
- Proficiency in working with all aspects of the ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
- Hands-on experience working with relational databases (MariaDB, Postgresql)
- Basic experience with networking (TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, DNS)
- Proficiency in working with Linux operating systems (CentOS/RHEL)
- Experience using Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation
- Familiar with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Completely fluent in English language both written and verbal at a professional level (this is a client facing role).
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Ability to convey complex designs and technical information to junior team members
- Exposure to geospatial data storage and analysis (GeoJSON, MapInfo, PostGIS etc.)
- Experience working with libraries NumPy/Pandas
- Solid background in mathematics related to data science (probability, statistics and algorithms)
Sentaca has been providing high quality advice, services and solutions to the mobile and telecommunications industry since 2000 and we have firmly established ourselves as a trusted partner to our clients. With our strong mobile services background as our base, we have recently begun building practice areas in the new and exciting areas around software solutions, cloud-based solutions, video and IoT! We are always on the lookout for bright, creative thinkers to join our small (but growing!) team. Preference is always given to individuals who thrive on playing with new technologies and learning about new trends - we want to know what inspires you, and we want you to share that passion for technology with our team! Come grow with us!
Diversity our Strength
Not just the slogan of our beautiful City of Toronto - our small Toronto team of 30-ish people boasts a diverse mix of team members from over 15 different countries and we truly believe that this makes our company stronger! Sentaca also welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.