Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
As an Evening Nurse Supervisor, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers while providing after-hours clinical and operational leadership support to the Hospital. You’ll be responsible for the management of resources for practice, patient safety, occupational health and safety and the delivery of efficient and effective client care.
If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
- Provide support, guidance, and education to support care delivery in a manner consistent with the principles, policies and best practices of Homewood
- Coordinate after hours response to crisis and emergencies and support the initial investigations
- Address issues that arise among clients, staff, families and other stakeholders related to client care
- Provide continuity in management, care and services and maintain communication with Unit Managers, Operations Leaders, notifying Senior Admin on call of urgent matters
- Where necessary, make decisions regarding best utilization of resources throughout the hospital
What we're looking for
- Current CNO Certification as Registered Nurse
- Certificate in Mental Health Nursing; Canadian CPMHN (c) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Diploma combined with several years of clinical experience
- Health Management Diploma or progressive management related education is required
- Demonstrated experience working with patients who have a broad range of psychiatric and addiction diagnoses, many of which are chronic
- Self-directed, independent decision maker with excellent organizational skills
- Sound clinical judgment based on current practices and client-centered care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to actively listen, problem solve and negotiate
- Excellent computer skills, having worked with a number of systems and software applications, are essential
- Experience supervising both non-union and unionized staff
- Understand principles of health and safety in the workplace and promote same
- CPR, First Aid, suicide prevention training; HART training (Homewood Aggression Response Training) will be required and provided
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.