Position Purpose and Impact
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position is in Cargill’s protein & salt business, which provides wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful food products. Join the team that serves a wide range of customers around the world, from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets.
Do you love a challenge and being involved with a hard-working team to seek quality assurance issues? Love to analyze data and uncover risks? Just a few of the ways we can use your experience in this position. The Associate Quality Assurance Technician is accountable for providing quality assurance and food safety technical support through testing and auditing process documentation, data collection and analysis, and supporting knowledge transfer. At this level, you will work under general supervision. You will independently seek moderately complex issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum two years of related work experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to accurately follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and instructions
- Multi-tasking capabilities and willingness to learn
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekend shifts
- Ability to perform alternate FSQR functions as required
- Comfortable working in a cold environment
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Post secondary education in Science, Food Science or Food Safety.
- Previous food safety and quality assurance experience
- Worked in a large scale manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of meat cuts
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent time management and organization skills
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to building and sustaining a broad and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also aligns with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Guelph
Job Type Temporary Work
Shift Day Job