Oversee the operation of Maintenance Departments. Responsibility is to ensure safe work practices and procedures as well as ensuring productivity measures. Quality standards and safe work practices are to be followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following
Understand, present and enforce policies regarding safe work practices, production methods, quality standards, and preventative maintenance.
Troubleshoot equipment problems throughout areas of responsibility, determine maintenance needs, schedule repairs and oversee progress of same.
Modify production schedule as needed to meet demands or accommodate changes.
Have input to develop equipment and process needs for department budget.
Evaluate productivity and other performance measures of employees and recommend possible improvements to work process.
To foster an environment of continuous improvement, complete projects that will strengthen the business.
- Do preventive maintenance, diagnostic, plan work and repair functions on the Plant and Mobile Equipment as directed by Supervisor in accordance with the CBA and regulatory requirements
- The shift crews are often the only maintenance resource at weekends and the off shifts which represents over 50% of the productive work week.
- The crews cover the entire mine for mobile fixed and surface plant allowing mobile equipment to be rotated through the shops for PM's without significantly reducing the fleet available for production duties.
- Each crew has a wide range of skills and experience, effective supervision is vital to the success of the maintenance plan and ultimately the reliability of the site.
- Oversees a small crew responsible primarily for the PM inspection, prioritizing and preparation work of repairs resulting from the inspection.
- Supervises the execution of critical plant repairs with a team of skilled tradesmen
- Audits the inspection and repair process to ensure it meets maintenance standards and expectations
Education/ Experience Qualifications
- Grade 12 minimum
- Qualified tradesmen
- Millwright, electrical or heavy equipment background
- Exposure to conveyors and mobile equipment
- Experience in a leadership position
- Supervisory and project planning experience
- Hoist knowledge would be an asset
Responsible for, complies with and supports the Company’s EH&S goals and objectives, regulations, policies, and procedures. Actively seeks ways to improve the development and administration of the site EH&S program using established safety systems - green card, safety meetings, Safetrack, audits, IRS and follow ups to concerns.
Effectively prioritizes job duties, multi-tasks and uses time and resources effectively as demonstrated by results in key areas of accountability. Drives for results and persists despite obstacles and opposition as appropriate. Maintains a work ethic supportive of the attainment of business objectives. Follows through on assignments and instructions in a timely manner.
Builds an atmosphere of trust and respect resulting in employee participation/learning that generate new ideas, meets business goals and improves business results. Establishes challenging performance standards for self and/or others. Span of influence understand goals, responsibilities, is well coordinated and unencumbered to achieve potential. Positively represents the Company at work and in the community. Leads by example. Respects and values differences and diversity within the Company. Actions support team objectives.
Resource Management (materials, budget/costs):
Effective use of assets, and resources to achieve maximum return and reduce costs while objectively evaluating the success of decisions.
Results demonstrate the job knowledge and skills required for this position. Consider interpersonal skills and functional skills essential to be effective in meeting overall business goals.
Customer Focus (internal and external):
Knows who the customers are; anticipates and recognizes their needs and takes action to achieve customer satisfaction. Effectively balances customer expectations with company goals.
Adapts to multiple demands and shifting priorities. Develops knowledge and skills desired to meet business needs. Is cooperative and resilient to change, accepting new ideas, suggestions and imparting knowledge to others required to meet functional team/business objectives
Communication is clear, concise, and balanced with genuine interest and listening skills. Makes a concerted effort to seek the input of others through objective communication at all levels of organizational responsibility. Maintains professionalism and respect in communications with others.