- Purchase required site inventory items through analyzing the MRP reports in SAP.
- Purchase all direct spends items required at site in a timely fashion.
- Monitor daily reagent ordering.
- Expedite purchase orders.
- Responsible for vendor purchase order discrepancies.
- Update vendor information in SAP.
- Prepare RFx package and evaluate vendors & contractors proposals.
- Prepare and administer contracts related to site purchases.
- Support the company’s strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Minimize supply risk and maximize vendor competitiveness.
- Stay current on internal customer needs, local and global commodity price trends, price drivers and maintain awareness of emerging technologies.
- Challenge scopes of works and specifications to ensure design to cost methodology are applied.
- Coordinate and conduct vendor kick-off meetings and contract closeouts.
- Attest contractor invoices in compliance with established contract terms.
- Assist in vendor claims management process.
- Support the warranty management process, escalating issues as necessary.
- Responsible for assigned departmental KPI’s related to vendor performance and material cost savings.
- Ensure compliance to Orano’s corporate Supply Chain Management policies, procedures and relevant statutory obligations.
- Create opportunities for effective supplier relationships while pressing cost effectiveness and reliable delivery.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure contracts are created and executed in compliance with Orano’s polices, processes and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Work closely with Contract Owners and other key stakeholders to ensure contracting processes are implemented in a timely fashion to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with site materials team to ensure inventory levels meet the company’s targets.
- Coordinate the disposal of assets and surplus stock.
- Build and maintain viable long-term business relationships with internal customers, vendors and contractors.
- Co-ordinate the execution and distribution of documents.
- Purchase materials and services within the assigned contracts terms and conditions.
- Stakeholder Engagement: communicate position related issues with applicable departments at site.
- Backup for contract administrators.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate actively in departments visual communication activities.
- Respond to evening and weekend on call emergency requests from site based on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Collaboration with Accounts Payable for vendor invoicing discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- SCMP designation.
- Minimum experience of 5 years.
- Requires detailed knowledge of principles and concepts in contract administration and strategic sourcing.
- Demonstrated advanced written and oral English language proficiency.
- Mining and Resource experience.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating small to medium site contracts.
- Experience in procuring and maintaining a portfolio of spends categories.
- Experience in building supplier relationships.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and SAP.
- Motivated, high-energy and proactive mindset.
- High degree of ethics, discretion, honesty, rigor, fairness and sound business practices.
- Strong Presentation and Facilitation skills.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail orientated with drive for efficiency and timeliness.
- Ability to multi-task.
Work Location & Schedule:
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Frequent travel to mine site for face to face communication and requirements assessments
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Applications for this position will be accepted until January 31, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Contract Administration and/or Purchasing: 5 years (Required)