Program Assistant (PSW) – Hanover Day Away Program
*Casual/Call In Position
- provide education, information and support to caregivers of clients.
- provide assistance with ADLs for the clients attending
- Assist with planning activities and resources required for the operation of the Day Away and Overnight Relief programs, as delegated by the Programs & Activities Coordinator.
- Work directly with clients during the program hours - Implement the daily schedule of client / volunteer activities and lead the program as delegated by the Program and Activities Coordinator;
- Assist clients with personal care needs as identified and delegated by the Registered staff, and as a member of the staff team
- must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience working with the elderly and the physically challenged and their families. Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, and previous experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Will work in the Hanover Adult Day Program - must be available for all shifts including days, evenings and nights
Job Type: Casual
- working with elderly: 3 years (Preferred)