The Admissions Assistant plays an important role on the Enrolment Management Team. Importantly, this person contributes positively to the team dynamic and works closely with the Director and Associate Director of Enrolment in all facets of student enrolment. This person is responsible for all aspects of data management, as well as customer service. The successful applicant must be highly energetic, highly organized, detail oriented, and personable, as they are the front line of the Admissions office.
This is a bargaining unit position in the Professional Employees Association
Minimum 37.5 hours per week
$25.15 to $27.79 per hour
depending on years of service at SMS
- Provide outstanding customer service to prospective and current school families, in person, by phone, and through email.
- Schedule meetings, tours, and interviews with prospective families.
- Give campus tours to agents and prospective families.
- Collaborate with the admissions team and other departments as needed to ensure a smooth admissions process.
- Process applications, prepare forms and enter all prospect and applicant data into computer database on an ongoing basis; update records and provide families information on application status.
- Manage admissions data entry, including entry of new student intakes, withdrawals, tracking of application documents, attrition, agent information, enrolment documents, etc.
- Generate admission acceptance packages and communication and assist with new student testing.
- Maintain inventory of admission materials.
- Plan and organize Admissions events, including RSVP’s, room setup, catering requests, making nametags, obtaining and setting up refreshments, completing maintenance requests, etc.
- Assist with setting up school functions for Alumna.
- Attend and represent Admissions at school functions and represent SMS at local Education Fairs.
- Assist the Directors with the Student Ambassador program.
· Actively support the vision, mission and values of our school.
- Other duties as needed to enhance the customer experience.
- Office Administration Degree or Diploma, or equivalent combination of training, education or experience.
- Recruitment office related experience and previous work in an educational environment is an asset.
- Computer literate, excellent data entry skills and proficient use of various office software including Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication and collaboration skills. Ability to confidently interact with the public is essential.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment, take initiative, and work independently.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- A positive attitude and professional image.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work overtime as required (including evenings and weekends)
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 lbs may be required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application package, which includes a cover letter, curriculum vitae and professional references, quoting the posting #1920053 in the subject line of your email
Reference ID: 1920053
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.15 /hour